Lime mortar training day at Reading Abbey Ruins – 23 August
The course includes:
- An introduction to using lime mortar on historic buildings
- Walk down through the Reading Abbey Ruins
- Health & safety toolbox talk
- A demonstration of mixing different binders
- Practical sessions on the application of mortar and techniques for pointing, consolidation and tending.
You are welcome to bring your own small trowels and other small tools, although Cliveden Conservation will provide basic tools and materials, including health & safety PPE.
The address is: Reading Abbey Ruins, Abbey St, Reading RG1 3BA. There is a charge of £200+VAT to take part. To book your place(s), email [email protected].