Stone in Construction course for architects and designers
This year's Stone in Construction course is once again online and will take place on 12 October. It is open to architects and designers and members of Stone Federation Great Britain (which runs the course).
It costs £60. To book a place, email [email protected].
Stone in Construction is the new name of what used to be called the Use of Stone in Building course. It offers a comprehensive overview of designing and using natural stone in construction.
Seminar sessions cover:
- Geology of stone, including selecting and quarrying
- Stone testing, British and European Standards and CE/UKCA Marking
- Detailing of stone, including working drawings and fixings
- Masonry and architecture, including external masonry and rain screen cladding
- Stone for interiors
- External paving
- Ethical sourcing, environmental considerations and sustainability of stone.
This course is ideal for people who who are new to the industry and those looking to refresh and upskill their knowledge.