Natural Stone Awards 2022 – entry open
Enter a project in the Natural Stone Awards 2022.
Projects entered must be in the British Isles and the construction work must have been completed within a three-year period ending 2 April 2022.
Entries must be received by 5pm on 30 April.
Enter online at www.bit.ly/AwardsEntry22
The Natural Stone Awards are presented every other year by Stone Federation Great Britain in recognition of the finest design and use of stone in construction new build and conservation, hard landscaping and interiors.
The Awards are a well established and highly prestigious scheme recognising and promoting the use of natural stone in the built environment.
For many years the Natural Stone Awards presentation ceremony has been hosted by sports commentator Jim Rosentall with voiceovers of the short-listed entries by Alan Dedicote, who has become the 'Voice of Stone'.
The Awards have been presented over the years by the great and the good who have included Prince Charles, broadcaster and former top level politician Michael Portillo, and author and business guru Digby Jones.
The winners are normally announced at a glittering ceremony in a London hotel, although the 2020 Awards were presented online only due to the Coronavirus pandemic. You can still watch them at bit.ly/SFNSA2020.
Although the online event lacked the excitement of a live, face-to-face Awards presentation, it was watched more than 1,500 times, whereas the live events are limited by the size of the venue normally to no more than 350 people. As a result, although it is anticipated this year's Awards will be presented once again in front of a live audience at London's Leonardo Royal Hotel at London Bridge, it is intended to make use of some of the lessons learnt from the 2020 Awards to put the presentation online again in order to reach as wide an audeince as possible.
The Awards give the stone industry and its clients, from developers to self-builders, architects, designers and engineers, an opportunity to showcase the wide range of uses of natural stone in contruction, emphasising its versatility, variety, sustainablility, and low maintenance longevity, stunning in its natural beauty yet eminently practical in its lifetime carbon-cutting contribution to the built environment.
Anyone involved in a project (architect, main contractor, stone contractor, stone supplier, client, building owner...) can enter the project into the Stone Awards, which this year see the introduction of two new categories: 'Domestic Landscape' and 'Ecclesiastical Interiors'. Including specific categories for these important sectors of the stone industry will open the Awards to an even wider audience.
Jane Buxey, the Stone Federation Chief Executive, says: “We are encouraging all those involved in the natural stone industry to enter their projects into the Natural Stone Awards 2022. This is a great opportunity to gain widespread recognition for your practice or company and products or services that you provide.”
How To Enter
Go to www.bit.ly/AwardsEntry22.
The Categories (click here to see the category requirements)
- New Build - Modern Style Stone Cladding: Any project that features non load-bearing natural stone cladding as covered by BS 8298.
- New Build - Traditional Style Stonemasonry: Any project that features load-bearing natural stone.
- Repair & Restoration (Commercial): Any commercial project that involves the repair and restoration of natural stone on part of a building, or the building as a whole.
- Repair & Restoration (Ecclesiastical): Any ecclesiastical project that involves the repair and restoration of natural stone on part of a building, or the building as a whole.
- Ecclesiastical Interiors: Any ecclesiastical project that uses natural stone in an interior setting.
- Interiors (Commercial & Residential): Any project that uses natural stone in an interior setting, including domestic, commercial and high-end residential.
- Landscape (Commercial/Public Realm): Any project (commercial or public realm) that involves the use of natural stone in landscaping.
- Landscape (Domestic/Private): Any domestic or private project that involves the use of natural stone in landscaping.
- Craftsmanship: Demonstrating the highest standard of stonemasonry craftsmanship.
- Carving, Lettering & Sculpture: This can be a new commission, replacement or part replacement of an original that has become disfigured or lost.